Friday, February 10, 2012

PaperPort Notes!

I have been using this app for about 3 minutes and my mind is going wild.  PaperPort Notes was recommended by Cathy, after she read about it here.  Since it was free, I downloaded it.  With PaperPort you can create a document by typing, writing, and using voice-to-text recording.  I like the flexibility.  It's like dragon dictation and an interactive notebook combined in one app.  On the second try, the voice-to-text recording worked perfectly for me.  The thing that is most exciting, though, is the ability to share in so many different ways.  I can share a document as a PDF file, through email, Dropbox, or Google Docs.  I can also open it in Pages.  What this means is that a child can create a document, using their voice or a combination of voice and typing/writing, and then share it very easily with their teacher.  For students who struggle with handwriting or organizing their thoughts on paper, this is a great step for them.  I am excited to try it with a student soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment